Corporate Governance – A Master Class 2012
February 15, 2012
- Structuring and managing relations with external auditors, the new risk and compliance environment, and responsibilities for internal controls and how to fulfill them
- Compensation committees’ “to-do” lists after the first round of say-on-pay
- Boards and proxy contests – thinking about control and “short slate” contests
- Delaware law developments
- Enforcement initiatives: whistleblowers, insider trading initiatives, and the increased focus on individuals
- Ethical issues: whistleblower rule, internal investigations, multiple representations and SEC cooperation
- What is the current state of poison pills and can boards “just say never”?
- Does state law have a role in oversight of risk management and compensation design?
- How far can you go in eliminating or avoiding fiduciary duties in corporations and in non-corporate entities?