Richards, Layton & Finger, P.A. (“RLF” or “We”) is committed to the protection of your privacy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.rlf.com/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website and any subdomains of our Website, unless stated otherwise, regardless of the medium in which it is accessed (e.g. via web browser or mobile browser).
This policy does not apply to information you provide to or that is collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on the Website. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect different types of information from you when you use or navigate our Website:
Personal Information: When you use and navigate the Website, we may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, work or educational history, gender, and other information that may be used to identify you or contact you (collectively, “Personal Information”) from you only when you provide such Personal Information to us voluntarily.
Website Usage Information: When you use and navigate our Website, we may collect additional information from you that may not by itself reasonably identify you as the source (collectively, “Usage Information”). Usage information may include information regarding your internet connection, your computer, your IP address, the type of Internet browser you are using, etc.
How We Collect Information
We collect information:
Directly From You. We collect Personal Information from you when you fill out forms on our Website or Contact Us via email. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
Through Your Use of the Website. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit RLF, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying server integrity)
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To make improvements to our Website.
- To keep our Website secure.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Disclose Information
RLF will not disclose Personal Information about you to unaffiliated third parties unless RLF (i) has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the rights of RLF or persons or property that could be harmed by such activities, or (ii) believes in good faith that the law requires such disclosure.
We may share your Personal Information and/or Usage Information with law enforcement or other government officials if it relates to a criminal investigation or alleged criminal activity. We may also disclose your Personal Information and/or Usage Information if required or permitted to do so by law; or for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes. We may also disclose your information to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process.
If we become involved in evaluating or conducting a reorganization of our firm or a combination with another firm, we may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information as part of the transaction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to service internet-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website (https://optout.networkadvertising.org)
Security of Personal Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the Personal Information transmitted through our Website. We will notify you, as required by law, if we discover a security breach involving your Personal Information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws and other applicable rules) processed by us.
RLF cannot be responsible for disclosures of your Personal Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties, and encourages you to exercise prudence in selecting the information you send via the Internet, including via email. Please do not send confidential or sensitive information to us through our Website or via email until you speak with one of our attorneys or receive authorization to do so.
Your State Privacy Rights
State and international consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. To learn more about European privacy rights, see the Individuals in the European Economic Area section below. To learn more about California privacy rights, see the California Residents Privacy Rights section below.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their Personal Information.
- Access and delete certain Personal Information
- Data Portability
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with the rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please email us at email@example.com.
Individuals in the European Economic Area
Under the European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), individuals in the European Economic Area have additional privacy rights:
- Right to be informed. Individuals have the right to transparency regarding our collection of personal data.
- Right of Access. Individuals have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- Right of Rectification. Individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. Also known as “the right to be forgotten,” this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- Right to Restrict Processing. An individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- Right to Data Portability. This allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- Right to Object. In certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used.
- Rights of Automated Decision Making and Profiling. The GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention.
To exercise the above rights, please contact us at the information provided below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware, under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
California Residents Privacy Rights
For visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers”) and use our Services, please see our California Consumer Privacy Notice.
Richards, Layton & Finger, P.A.
One Rodney Square
920 King Street
Wilmington, DE 19801