Delaware Law Developments 2011: What All Business Lawyers Need to Know
May 18, 2011
Delaware law plays a critical role in U.S. corporate and securities law, particularly in today’s challenging and changing business environment. This unique annual program focuses on the important Delaware corporate law developments over the past year and the practical impact on corporate legal practice.
Richards Layton directors Greg Williams and John Mark Zeberkiewicz will be among the top Delaware authorities on corporate law—including members of the Delaware judiciary, leading law firms, corporations and academia—who will examine the latest case law and practical trends and share their real-world experiences, insights and advice on issues of great concern to the corporate/securities legal community.
The program will address:
- Recent opinions of the Delaware Supreme Court and Court of Chancery
- Case law developments regarding poison pills
- Review of developments in smaller-sized transactions
- Trends in the recovering M&A market
- Disclosures and Delaware law
- Ethical pitfalls in appearing before the Delaware courts.