Executive Compensation: Strategy, Design, and Implementation
June 16, 2011
Executive pay and pay practices remain in the eye of the storm. This annual advanced course of study, containing more than 13 hours of instruction, will give attendees a thorough exploration of the key issues of executive and director compensation, including an update of the governing rules in the principal areas. Attendees will learn what’s new under those rules and how the changes can create both new planning opportunities and constraints. With so many changes, in-house counsel and their advisors need to get up-to-date now more than ever!
Join a panel of the nation’s top practitioners, including Richards Layton’s Mark Gentile, as they discuss the latest trends and developments and make more understandable the complexities of this intricate practice area.
Course topics will include:
- An analysis of the first round of mandatory "Say on Pay" votes
- New SEC rulemaking initiatives under Dodd-Frank
- New developments in Delaware law
- Ethical and other issues in CEO contract renewal negotiations
- Executive compensation in private equity transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions: disclosure decisions dictated by "Say on Chutes," planning around the elimination of evergreen contract renewals, and tax gross-ups
- What developing compensation practices in financial services indicate for the rest of corporate America
- Executive compensation in the partnership context
- Late-breaking developments, networking events, and much more!