Going Private 2012: Doing the Deal Right
February 23, 2012
Attendees of this PLI seminar will learn what it takes to get a deal done and what a transaction looks like—from start to finish. They will be able to avoid embarrassing challenges to their transactions and learn the necessary practice tools to do going private transactions from a knowledgeable faculty.
Topics will include:
- Is going private a viable alternative for a public company?
- What are the key drivers when deciding to go private?
- What are the fiduciary duty considerations?
- Should the board of directors form a special committee?
- Who are the key players in a going private transaction?
- What are the key issues in negotiation strategy?
- Are there special rules for dealing with private equity firms?
- How to ensure that the transaction will close?
- Are there steps to take to avoid issues with the SEC?
- What financing alternatives are available for going private transactions?
- What are the continuing effects of credit and equity market instability?
- Is litigation a foregone conclusion in a going private transaction, or are there steps you can take to avoid it?
Bill Haubert will speak on a panel entitled “The Legal Framework for the Transaction,” which will explore:
- What standard of review applies—Business judgement? Revlon? Entire fairness?
- How to sort out relevant case law.