Recent Developments in the Delaware Courts
October 5, 2011
In recent months, the Delaware courts have addressed important issues for Delaware corporations and their advisors, including the applicability of Revlon in cash/stock merger transactions, the value of potential derivative claims in the context of a merger, deal protections and disclosures, and corporate governance. There were also several amendments to the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware that were adopted this year.
Michael D. Allen, William J. Haubert, Srinivas M. Raju, and Gregory P. Williams, directors at Richards Layton will apply their years of corporate representative experience to analysis of recent cases that have come before the Delaware courts. This webcast is essential to corporate counsel and board members looking to understand the impact of recent litigation. Among the cases to be discussed:
- In re Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Shareholder Litigation
- In re Massey Energy Company Derivative and Class Action Litigation
- In re Del Monte Foods Company Shareholders Litigation
- In re Orchid Cellmark Inc. Shareholder Litigation
- Krieger v. Wesco Financial Corporation
- Kahn v. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., L.P.
- Goggin v. Vermillion, Inc.