Mergers and Acquisitions 2010: What You Need to Know Now
October 7, 2010
Event| Corporate Transactions
C. Stephen Bigler will speak at a PLI seminar entitled "Mergers and Acquisitions 2010: What You Need to Know Now" in San Francisco.
As M&A activity rebounds, seminar attendees will explore the changed landscape engendered by the financial crisis. Strategic buyers continue to dominate the M&A marketplace, but private equity firms are preparing more competitive bids as they address ongoing challenges in obtaining favorable acquisition financing terms. At the same time, the Delaware courts have been very active in clarifying the rules governing sales of controlled corporations, the enforceability of standstills, and various deal protection devices. And the continued success that hostile bidders have enjoyed in such transactions as Kraft/Cadbury may well provide a roadmap for increased unsolicited takeover activity in the foreseeable future. Join our expert faculty of lawyers, general counsel, regulators and investment bankers as we explore the changing landscape of M&A and the trends you need to be aware of for the year ahead.
What Attendees Will Learn
- The continuing effects of instability in the credit and equity markets
- The current market for acquisition financing
- Trends in going-private transactions
- How deal protection terms are evolving
- The return of the tender offer
- Recent developments in Delaware law
- How to run an auction
- The impact of the Obama Administration’s antitrust agenda