Recent Developments in Delaware M&A Law
March 12, 2014
Event| Corporate Transactions
This lunchtime CLE, featuring Bill Haubert and Rudy Koch, will provide an in-depth look at recent Delaware developments in M&A law. Expert practitioners will offer guidance on the following topics:
- Procedural requirements for authorizing charter amendments, merger agreements, and issuing stock.
- M&A process considerations, the use of “Don’t-Ask-Don’t-Waive” standstills, and investment banker conflicts in M&A transactions.
- The contractual nature of the rights of preferred stockholders.
- The effect of survival clauses on the statute of limitations.
- Disclosure of financial projections.
- Implementation and use of stockholder rights agreements.
- Litigation challenging performance-based executive compensation plans designed to comply with Section 162(m) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Fiduciary duties of managers of limited liability companies.