Mergers & Acquisitions 2011: ÿWhat You Need to Know Now
September 8, 2011
M&A activity continues to rebound in 2011. Private equity transactions, tender offers and hostile bids are all on the increase. Relatively reliable equity and debt markets have contributed to stabilizing the M&A landscape, and acquisition financing terms have continued their seemingly inexorable march back to pre-crisis standards. An unsettling influence on the M&A field is the Delaware judiciary, which continues to produce dramatic and at times surprising opinions at a pace that stuns even the most seasoned practitioners. Join our distinguished faculty of lawyers, general counsel, regulators and investment bankers as we explore the fascinating state of M&A and the trends to be aware of in the year ahead.
Director Steve Bigler will speak on "Revisiting the Role and Need for Special Committees," which will focus on when special committees are needed, selection of financial advisors, and key lessons from recent cases.
The seminar will also address:
- Trends and techniques in tender offers, private equity transactions and acquisition financing
- Increasing importance of, and spotlight on, board process
- Continuing vitality of the poison pill and the “Just Not Now” defense post-Airgas
- Dramatic developments in Delaware law and shareholder litigation
- Impact of shareholder activism and proxy advisory firms
- Insight into the antitrust regulatory landscape