Jason Rawnsley has been involved in many of Richards Layton’s largest intellectual property cases.
Jason focuses his practice on intellectual property and complex litigation in Delaware’s federal and state courts, as well as arbitration. He has experience in patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition, trade secret, fraud, breach of contract, and non-compete disputes. Jason also advises companies on intellectual property issues in asset purchase and other transactions, including licensing and assignment of intellectual property rights.
Jason has provided pro bono intellectual property guidance and representation to the Mariano Rivera Foundation, the MLK Voice 4 Youth program, and others. He was selected as a participant in the 2017 Federal Trial Practice Seminar, sponsored by the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware and the Federal Bar Association.
- Philpot v. Arkadium, Inc.: Represented online game provider against assertions of copyright infringement
- Kriss USA, Inc. v. Defiance Machine, Inc.: Defended manufacturer of custom rifle bolt-actions against allegations of trademark infringement
- Tri-State Battery & Auto Electric, Inc. v. PASCO Holdings, LLC: Represented automotive battery retailer in declaratory judgment trademark action
- Greatbatch Ltd. v. AVX Corp.: Defended global electronic components manufacturer in patent infringement lawsuit over components used in medical devices
- FriendFinder Networks Inc. v. Penthouse Global Media, Inc.: Restored control of domain names to dating-site network following spin-off of subsidiaries
- FastVDO LLC v. Texas Instruments Incorporated: Defended Texas Instruments in patent infringement lawsuit over digital signal processors
- Amedisys Hospice, L.L.C. v. Heching: Represented national home-health services provider in complex indemnification dispute arising from purchase of hospice-care provider
- Neapco Drivelines, LLC v. Arconic Inc.: Defended auto parts manufacturer against claims of breach of contract
Non-Compete and Trade-Secret Litigation
- Panda Holdco LLC v. Walker: Defended founder of sales consulting business from alleged breach of non-compete agreement
- Hollingsworth & Vose Company v. Pompeo: Defended manufacturer of thermoplastic nets, nonwovens, laminates, and extruded components against attempt to enjoin newly hired employee from working for the company